Portable Space Heater Safety
All space heaters must be approved by the Underwriters Laboratory (UL)
or Factory Mutual laboratories. If you are using a portable space heater
remember to never plug the space heater into an extension cord (plug the
heater directly into a wall receptacle). Here are some other tips for
safe operation of a space heater:
- Do not place the heater into an enclosed space (such as under a desk).
- Do not leave a space heater unattended.
- Keep portable space heaters away from exit ways, walkways and paths of travel.
- Do not use heaters around water sources (such as kitchens and bathrooms).
- Do not use the space heater if the portable space heater if children will
be playing in the area.
Call American Mechanical for more information and to request a
FREE ELECTRICAL PANEL INSPECTION!