Notice at Point of Collection of Personal Information
Last updated: August 15, 2022
PGMA, LLC d/b/a American Mechanical (“we,” “us,” and “our”) understands the importance of protecting your personal information. This notice at point of collection of personal information (“Notice”) describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you use this website (“Website”) or other online services we provide (collectively, Website and such other services may be referred to as the “Platform”). We adopt this Notice to comply with the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act of 2023 (“VCDPA”) and any terms defined in the VCDPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice. We may change this Notice at any time or from time to time. If we make any material changes to this Notice, we will notify you by posting an announcement on the Website or other parts of the Platform, emailing or texting you a notice, or by other appropriate means of communication. Your continued use of our Website or other parts of the Platform after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Notice periodically for updates.
Information We May Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of personally identifiable information from and about you including information that falls within the categories listed below. In addition, we have provided you with examples of personal information that we may collect, which corresponds with such categories.
Collectively, the information described above and any other personally identifying information we may collect from you shall be referred to as “personal information.”
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use information that we collect about you or your devices:
- To present the Website and other aspects of the Platform and its content to you;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with information regarding the services we offer, including new products and services that we may introduce from time to time;
- To notify you about changes to the Website or other aspects of the Platform or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- To maintain and manage your account;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website or other aspects of the Platform;
- To conduct research on our users’ demographics, interests and behavior;
- To perform analyses or for other purposes to improve the quality of the Website, other aspects of the Platform, and our business;
- To publish our own marketing and promotional materials;
- To provide you with offers and information about the Website, other aspects of the Platform and our affiliates;
- To deliver targeted advertising, promotions and offers, on behalf of ourselves and advertisers, on and off the Website and other parts of the Platform;
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions and payments, and prevent transactional fraud;
- To ensure compliance across various segments of our business;
- To track and aggregate Website visitors’ and Platform visitors’ activity for purposes of analyzing general traffic flow on the Website and other parts of the Platform;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you, via your e-mail address or phone numbers, about our services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please do not sign up for our subscription services. If you have already received e-mails, phone calls or text messages through our subscription services, and you wish to discontinue the services, you may opt-out by following the instructions in our subscription e-mails or contacting us at [email protected].
We will not collect additional categories of personal information without providing you notice, which may be in the form of an updated Notice.
Sale of Personal Information
The VCDPA defines “selling,” in part, as releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating a consumer’s personal information to a third party for monetary or “other valuable consideration.” Under this broad definition, the sharing of personal information through the use of certain cookies could be interpreted as a “sale” of personal information. Therefore, out of an abundance of caution, we provide you with the right to opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information even though such “sale” relates only to the use of certain cookies on our site.
To that end, you have the right to opt out of the “sale” of your personal information by following the instructions on the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” page or by contacting us at [email protected].
If you do not consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, please do not provide us with personal information.